By: Katarina Kovacevic
This post wraps up our series on Thrive Coworking for Women’s core values. If you want to learn more about what it’s like to be a member of our community, you can check out the other articles for what it means to be welcoming, committed and open. Today, we’re focusing on the theme of “contributing.” Our goal is that people always feel comfortable and at-home when working from, or visiting, Thrive.
To help us achieve the warm and friendly vibe that we’re always working toward, we hope you’ll help take on the role of being a “contributing” member. Here are just some of the ways you can live-out this core value here at Thrive:
- Share innovative ideas and best practices with fellow Thrive members—you can do this by hosting a free workshop or seminar, or simply just offering feedback or sharing your knowledge with a friend one-on-one.
- Contributing to the well-being and upkeep of the Thrive space as a whole by cleaning up after yourself (we know we probably don’t need to tell a bunch of grown women to do this!), or just fixing something you see might need a fix. Maybe there’s a pillow out of order or you notice the dishwasher was never turned on, even though it’s fully loaded. We appreciate members who help us out. A little goes a long way!
- Help a fellow Thriver out when she needs it. Is she having a bad day? Be there to listen. Trying to lug giant boxes for an event she’s hosting later on? Lend a hand (even if you’re not attending). Looking for help on her resume? Give it a once-over.
- Help us spread the word! We want everyone to share in the goodness of Thrive, so we’d appreciate some love on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Give us a tag and we’ll share your posts! Or, ask us about our referral program, where you can snag up to $40 in Thrive credit for every new member you get to sign-up.
- Be an active member of the community. Make an effort to introduce yourself to others, attend our happy hours and social or professional development events. We love seeing your faces as much as humanly possible!
And, we should note: We do recognize that everyone’s got a different personality. You might be more comfortable chatting one-on-one than presenting to a larger group of people, for example, and we totally get that. Take our suggestions and be the type of contributing member that you’re most comfortable being. Because, ultimately, we’re a “come as you are” community where every woman can be herself.
Katarina Kovacevic is the owner of Redefined Communications, a company offering blogging and ghostwriting services for women in leadership, and female-focused and purpose-driven businesses. She’s also the founder and editor of RUBY Media, a digital media company that promotes female camaraderie, supports sisterhood and inspires women to make a difference in the world. You can connect with Katarina on Instagram or LinkedIn, or with RUBY on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.